Delhi E-Mart Portal for Artisans (Digital Monitoring of Van Dhan Start-Ups)
By June 2020, the Delhi government hopes to launch an online marketplace for the state’s craftspeople. This is because a large number of people have lost their jobs as a result of the pandemic epidemic. This will provide support for around 5000 Delhin craftspeople. The state government will contribute to the creation of an online marketplace to display products and attract more customers. Yet, the government intends to support the state’s craftsmen by using digital marketing to promote their business ambitions. Continue reading to learn more about how the artisans’ internet businesses are supported.
Launch of E-mart portal
|Name of the portal||E-mart portal|
|Portal has been launched in||Delhi|
|Portal has been launched by||Delhi state government|
|Target group of portal launch||Delhi artisans who are rendered jobless due to the pandemic|
|Number of artisans to be covered||5000 artisans will be covered|
|Connecting with buyers||State government is planning to connect almost 5 lakh tribal with buyers through the portal|
|Fund raised from central government||Near about 15 lakhs fund have been raised from central government|
Highlighting features of the portal launch –
- Digital use of the portal – With the support of the Delhi government, the portal launch will make it possible to monitor the expansion of the artisans’ online businesses.
- Amount of portal users who would benefit – The establishment of the platform will enable around 5 lakh tribal craftsmen to interact with customers effortlessly.
- The state’s craftsmen who lost their jobs as a result of the coronavirus outbreak were the initiative’s target demographic.
- The primary goal of the portal launch is to provide an online marketplace so that local artists may promote and sell their goods there.
- Enabling GPS on the portal will make it simple to communicate with the village executives, who can keep an eye on the state’s smooth operation, using the artisans site’s GPS link. The state and federal governments will both aid in this.
- The establishment of 1205 Van Dhan startups has helped to provide nearly 3.6 lakh tribal people with employment prospects. Also, it can provide assistance to 18, 000 self-help groups in 22 states.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendras’ Contribution: In order for the portal to debut successfully, the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras have pledged 20% to 30% of a grant that will go toward the cost of raw materials, labor, and other items.
Eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of the portal launch
- Residence information – Because the web launch was initiated by the Delhi state government, only permanent artisans in Delhi may register on the portal.
- Income information – While registering on the portal, the artisans must provide some financial information pertaining to their prior employment.
- Identity documentation is required for the craftsmen in order to support their claim that they were stranded in other states and have since lost their jobs.
- Evidence of artistry: The portal helps the tribal artists. Hence, if the craftsmen want to register online via the portal, they must make identical work.
Documents required for portal registration
- Identification certificate: The craftsmen must present identification documents such an Aadhaar card, voter ID, ration card, etc.
- Residence documentation — To register for the site, a person must be a permanent resident of the state.
- Income documentation – If the craftsmen have a past employment income certificate, they must present it when registering online.
- Details about the artist – If the artists have any prior documentation of their work in the sector, they should provide it for review by higher authorities.
The state administration has not yet released information about the online registration requirements for this newly opened portal. The beneficiaries will be the first to learn about it as soon as it arises. By the end of June 2020, it is anticipated that the web portal will have been successfully implemented.
Other benefits offered by Van Dhan Startup scheme
- The Van Dhan Startup program has helped Nagaland generate close to 3.5 crores worth of goods for sale.
- 2000 or so products have the potential to be sold on the portal through marketing.
- Products like honey, coffee, bay leaves, bel pulp, donna pattal, and others are highlighted.
- It is aiming to maintain the necessary level of hygiene and is watching out for food safety with 77 Van Dhan Startup centers operating throughout Manipur.
Other links –