Khela Hobe Scheme : Bengal’s chief minister, Mamata Banerjee, declared on Friday that in reaction to the federal government’s suspension of MGNREGS funding for Bengal, the state would begin its own guaranteed employment program, known as Khela Hobe. NREGS job card holders in Bengal had previously been guaranteed 26 workdays, however this has now been expanded to 30 workdays. Read on to learn more about the Khela Hobe Scheme in full, including its highlights, features and benefits, application procedures, and much more.
Khela Hobe Scheme 2023
According to Mamata Banerjee’s announcement on Friday, her government will establish a program named Khela Hobe to offer jobs to people who had cards under the program after the Center stopped funding the 100-day work program in January 2022. At its peak, 2.6 crore people took part in the NREGS 100-day labor plan, but that number has subsequently declined to 1.4 crore (according to official estimates), supporting Bengal’s rural economy. These workers represent 28.5% of the Scheduled Castes and 8% of the Scheduled Tribes. The BJP-led central government has discontinued supporting the 100 project, despite Bengal having the best performance over the preceding five years.
At the Martyrs Day rally on July 21, Banerjee asserted that the BJP government had kept back more than 60,000 crore rupees of Bengal’s dues out of pure jealousy. “After obtaining money from our state under the GST, the Center holds onto the money that is legitimately ours. Bengali BJP leaders take great delight in undermining government finances.
West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme
West Bengal Khela Hobe Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Khela Hobe Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Bengal|
|Introduced by||Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal|
|Objective||To provide employement to NREGS job card holders|
Nrega Related Other Searches
NREGA Payment List
Features & Benefits of Khela Hobe Scheme
The following are some of the main characteristics and advantages of the Khela Hobe Scheme:
- The government will launch the Khela Hobe scheme to give holders of 100-day job cards jobs.
- The chief minister has focused on developing jobs for the rural populace because the villages are suffering without the 100-day job program.
- 11 lakh rural housing recipients who have not yet received money under the national program will now be housed under the state government’s Banglar Bari program.
- The BJP is jealous of the 67 social welfare programs that the government of Bengal offers its inhabitants as a social safety net.
- According to an NITI Aayog poll, Bengal has reduced poverty by 26% over the past ten years and by 11% over the past year.
Duare Sarkar Camp List
Procedure to Apply for Khela Hobe Scheme
The Khela Hobe Programme was just recently unveiled by the Bengali government. The official website for this has not yet been released by the government, but it will soon. As soon as there is a new development about this strategy, we will update this site.